A Track Record Of Substantial Settlements
If you have suffered a permanent injury in a workplace accident, your employer or the workers’ compensation insurance carrier may offer you a settlement in the form of a lump-sum payment. You should never accept a settlement without legal advice, for you will be giving up the right to receive future medical care and lost wage benefits for your injury.
At Torrisi & Torrisi, P.C., our lawyers have represented hundreds of clients in settlements of workers’ compensation cases in North Andover, Greater Lawrence, Greater Lowell, Haverhill, Tewksbury and other communities in and around Essex County. There are many things that go into settling a workers’ compensation case, including:
- Gathering medical documentation to demonstrate the extent of your injuries
- Showing how your injury affects your ability to work
- Discussing other career options if you cannot return to your job
- Addressing future medical needs, expenses and wage loss in the stipulation
- Negotiating for a fair settlement amount
Read About Our Proven Case Results
Following are a few of the numerous results our attorneys have achieved for Massachusetts workers:
- A 57-year-old municipal employee sustained a lower back injury while using equipment. Awarded disability retirement benefits (72 percent) for life plus workers’ compensation settlement. Present value based on life expectancy is $1,185,000.
- A 51-year-old female logistics administrator injured her shoulder and hip in a fall at work. She was awarded Social Security Disability benefits and workers’ compensation benefits. Combined present value: $1.5 million.
- A 38-year-old teacher was injured in a parking lot. She received total and permanent disability benefits at $860 per week for life. Present value is $1.8 million.
- A fiber-optic cable installer injured his back on the job and was awarded a workers’ compensation settlement. Combined value of payments and settlement: $297,000.
- A 45-year-old auto mechanic was awarded Social Security Disability benefits for life, workers’ compensation payments and settlement. Total present value: $1.2 million.
- A 66-year-old dairy truck delivery driver injured a knee at work. The worker received weekly compensation and a workers’ compensation settlement valued at $387,000.
For More Information About Workers’ Comp Settlements
Our law firm is located in North Andover.