Massachusetts Attorneys For
Massachusetts Workers
Se Habla Español
You Are Here:
Home » Workers’ Compensation FAQ » What If I Don’t Agree With My Doctor?

What If I Don’t Agree With My Medical Treatment For A Work Injury?

If you and your doctor do not see eye to eye on your treatment for a work-related injury, you have the right to see a doctor of your choosing or to receive a second opinion.

However, keep in mind that workers’ compensation may not cover future medical bills if you fail to follow the rules when changing doctors. In addition, your personal health insurance may refuse to pay for a work-related injury. For these reasons, it’s important to get legal advice before you do anything.

At Torrisi & Torrisi, P.C., our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to:

  • Explain how to seek a second opinion
  • Explain your options in changing doctors

If we are representing you, we can also talk to your doctor on your behalf, appeal denied claims, and help you obtain the medical care and other benefits you need and deserve for a work injury.

Call A Local Massachusetts Attorney For More Information

If you are ready to schedule a free consultation, call our North Andover office at 978-291-6161 or send us a message online today. We represent clients in North Andover, Greater Lawrence, Greater Lowell, Haverhill, Tewksbury and other communities in and around Essex County.